Baked Puff Pastry Pockets - 2 ways
1 (200 g) Emborg French Brie
1 Pack frozen puff pastry
50 ml Raspberry jam or sweet chilli sauce
1 Large egg
1 tablespoon Whole milk
70 ml Finely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
Have you ever been dining with family and friends who all have different tastes in food? Solve this problem at your next picnic or BBQ by serving these baked puff pastry pockets: one with jam and another with sweet chilli sauce.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and place parchment paper on two baking sheets.
2. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry onto a floured surface. Cut along the seams to make pastry squares measuring about 7 cm.
3. Slice the Emborg French Brie into 12 wedges. Place each puff pastry square onto the baking sheets. Position the wedge of the Brie in one corner of the square (leaving a small border along the edge).
4. Place jam or sweet chili sauce on top of the Brie. If desired, sprinkle with nuts.
5. Stretch and fold the puff pastry over the cheese so that the two corners of the squares meet to form a triangle.
6. Use a fork to crimp together the edges so the puff pastry pocket is sealed.
7. Whisk together the egg and milk, then brush the tops of the puff pastry pockets.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Try this recipe with jam or sweet chilli sauce of your choice. Simply double up the recipe if you want to serve both options.