Creamy rice pudding with dried fruits
- 2 Mission Plain Pitas
- 200 ml Emborg Whipping Cream
- 4 tbsp Emborg Cook & Bake
- 185 gm Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups Milk
- 75 gm Golden Raisins
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 10 Dried Apricots, soaked and chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 150 gm Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
1. In a pot, boil water and rice until almost dry.
2. Add in milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and sugar. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes until the rice is thick and tender before adding in the raisins and apricots.
3. While the mixture is simmering, prepare the pita chips by cutting the Mission Plain Pitas into wedges and fry them in melted Emborg Cook & Bake. Put on kitchen paper towel and set aside.
4. In a bowl, whisk Emborg Whipping Cream and eggs together and slowly add the mixture to the rice.
5. Brush ramekin dishes with Emborg Cook & Bake and pour in the mixture.
6. Place the ramekin dishes in a hot water bath and bake for 20 minutes at 210°C.
7. Once cooked, sprinkle some cinnamon powder and powdered sugar onto each dish and serve the pudding with the fried Mission Plain Pita wedges.
(You can also add 1 tbsp Emborg Cook & Bake into the rice mixture to get a thicker/richer consistency. Stir well before pouring into the dishes).
How to make Creamy Rice Pudding with Dried Fruits
Who knew naan as dessert was possible? Well, Chef Wan did it! These Creamy Rice Pudding with Dried Fruits are made out of naan and they taste amazing! Try making them with this step-by-step tutorial on how to create this delicious dessert.