Mini Snowskin Cheese Mooncakes
Total time: 5 hours
- 300 g Snowskin mooncake premix
- 60 g Vegetable shortening
- 105 ml Hot water
- Food colouring
- Glutinous rice flour (for dusting)
- 40 ml Emborg Full Cream Milk
- 6 g Gelatine powder
- 226 g Emborg US Cream Cheese (softened)
- 40 g Condensed milk
- 140ml Emborg Yogurt
- Fruit of your choice (chopped)
- First bloom the gelatine powder in milk and then microwave the mixture until fully dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the Emborg US Cream Cheese and condensed milk. Add in the Emborg Yogurt gradually, followed by the gelatine mixture, and mix well.
- Place the chopped fruit into a round ball mould. Fill the mould with the cream cheese mixture and then freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
- In a bowl, combine all the snowskin ingredients, except for the glutinous rice flour, until the dough is formed. Divide the dough into 4 portions. Add different food colouring to each portion and knead until fully dyed. Then further divide the dyed dough into smaller portions (about 25 g each).
- Roll out the dough into a thin circle. Place a filling ball in the centre of the snowskin and pinch the edge to seal completely.
- Transfer this to a mooncake mould (dusted with glutinous rice flour) and press gently to shape. Demould and chill for at least 3 hours to set.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to mould all the mooncakes.