Miso soupwith cheddar, mozzarella wontons
- 45 wonton wrappers
- 250 g Emborg Full Cream Milk
- 150 g Emborg Cooking Cream
- 30 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Emborg Shredded Cheddar
- 80 g Emborg Shredded Mozzarella
- 120 g soft white tofu, in cubes
- 30 g all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20-30 g sesame oil
- 60 g white onions
- 60 g spring onions, thinly sliced
- 20 g garlic
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4 portions miso soup base
- Chicken stock, as needed
In one pot, gently cook 30 g butter with 30 g flour until melted and slightly nutty in aroma.
In another pot, bring the cream and milk to a low boil, then add to the butter/flour mix - stir constantly. Keep adding the warm milk-cream until the béchamel sauce is creamy and smooth. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Stuff the wontons:
Mix the white cheddar and mozzarella into the still warm béchamel.
Let the filling cool down.
Stuff and fold the wonton pastry.
Make the soup:
Chop the garlic and white onions. In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in the sesame oil until soft.
Add the miso preparation and the tofu cubes. Add chicken stock if needed and let the soup simmer just a few minutes.
Boil the cheddar wontons in the soup, and add the tofu and spring onions.