Otak - Otak
Ready in 20 min.
- 300 g White Fish (deboned fillets)
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Dried Chicken Bullion
- 1½ tsp Shrimp Paste (optional)
- 1½ tsp Malaysian Fish Curry Powder
- 1 Egg
- 125 ml Emborg Cooking Cream
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Lime Leaf (chopped)
- 2½ tbsp Crispy Fried Onions
Try this traditional Indonesian dish. It is delicious and easy to make.
Cut the fish into smaller pieces.
Mix fish, water, tapioca flour and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
Heat a little oil in a pan over high heat.
Place 3 tablespoons of the fish mixture on a piece of banana leaf, fold the leaf around the mixture, close each end with a toothpick, and fry or grill the packets for 5 minutes on each side.