Prawn and water chestnut crispy wedges
- 4 Mission Supersoft Original Wraps
- 200 gm Emborg Shredded Cheddar
- 4 tbsp Emborg Cook & Bake, for shallow frying
- 500 gm Prawns, skin peeled and minced
- 8 pcs Fresh Water Chestnuts, minced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Red Chilli, minced
- 4 Spring Onions, sliced
- A handful of Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce (or more)
- 2 tsp White Pepper
- 3 tsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Salt, to taste
1. In a bowl, mix minced prawns, garlic, red chilli, spring onions, coriander leaves, water chestnuts, oyster sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, white pepper, eggs and corn starch until well combined.
2. Spread mixture onto a Mission Supersoft Original Wrap and sprinkle Emborg Shredded Cheddar on top. Cover with another wrap and cut into wedges.
3. Dip the filled wrap into beaten eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
4. In a pan, melt Emborg Cook & Bake and fry the filled wraps until golden.
5. Serve with your favourite chilli sauce.
(If you use large eggs, the mixture will be too runny but you can fix this by adding in breadcrumbs to the mixture to thicken it. You can also use grounded Mission Tortilla Chips as breadcrumbs for coating).
How to make Prawn & Water Chestnut Crispy Wedges
Watch as Chef Wan teaches us a step-by-step tutorial on how to create his tasty Prawn & Water Chestnut Crispy Wedges. Please enjoy..