Steamed Bunny Buns with Chicken Filling
Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant yeast
- 120 ml Water
- 290 g Pao flour
- 30 g Icing sugar
- 30 g Egg white
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 20 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 200 g Chicken minced meat
- 40 g Button mushroom (diced)
- 12 g Shiitake mushroom (diced)
- 50 g Onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp Spring onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 150 g Emborg Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Have fun making your own bunny buns with a delicious chicken cheese filling.
- Dice the mushrooms, onion and spring onion and bring into a large bowl.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients in the same bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Use your hands to shape 15 meatballs. Set aside for 1 hour in the refrigerator and continue making the bun.
- Combine instant yeast and water in a big mixing bowl. Add in the remaining bun ingredients and mix.
- Move the mixture onto a tabletop and knead for 2 minutes until it becomes smooth. Place the dough in a big bowl and cover with a piece of cloth for 40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 portions and set 1 portion to the side. Roll the rest of the dough into round balls, and then flatten them with a rolling pin. The centre of the dough should be thicker.
- Take the one set-aside portion and divide it into two pieces. For the first portion, add the red/pink food colouring for the bunny ears and tails. For the second portion, add brown food colouring for the eyes.
- Wrap around the chicken filling. Shape and add the bunny ears, tails and eyes. Repeat the process till all the dough portions are gone. Cover and proof for another 35 minutes.
- Boil some water. Put into a steamer (lay a piece of cloth on the rack) and steam the bunnies over a medium heat for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.