Bistik Veggie Omelette
Ready in 20 min.
- 100 g beef tenderloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 100 g Emborg Mixed Vegetables
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- cornflour slurry
- spring onion thinly sliced for garnish
- 3 eggs
- white rice for serving
Fluffy omelette topped with a mixture of tender beef and vegetables that makes a hearty and delicious dish to enjoy for dinner. It is usually made with chicken, but this recipe sticks to the origins of "Bistik", which comes from the Dutch word "biefstuk”, or beef steak. Serve with white rice or fried rice.
- Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a pan over a high heat until it just starts to smoke. Add the beef tenderloin and quickly sear on all sides, building a browned crust while keeping the inside rare to avoid overcooking later.
- Once the beef has been browned on all sides, remove from the pan, season with salt, and set aside. Leave the remaining oil in the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the diced onion, sauté until slightly softened. Add the minced garlic and Emborg Mixed Vegetables, and continue cooking until the garlic has slightly softened.
- Add the beef back in to the pan, together with the tomato sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and oyster sauce, and continue sautéing just until well mixed.
- Add enough water to thin out the sauce slightly. Once the sauce starts simmering, add a small amount of cornflour slurry to slightly thicken the sauce, until the beef mixture is fully ready.
- Taste and season with salt as desired. Take the pan off the heat and mix in spring onions. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok over a medium heat. Crack three eggs into a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and whisk thoroughly with a fork until well combined. Pour the egg mixture into the middle of the wok from a low height, quickly.
- Wait until the omelette has set on the bottom and is no longer liquid on top, then flip and cook the other side for a few more seconds just to seal it off.
- Serve the omelette on a plate and top it with the still-warm beef mixture. Serve with white rice on the side.
- Enjoy your delicious and satisfying Bistik Veggie Omelette!