Brie, Cranberry and Prosciutto Crostini
- 1 (200 g) Emborg French Brie
- 1 French baguette
- 50 ml Olive oil
- One pack Prosciutto
- 500 ml Cranberry sauce
- 50 ml Walnuts
- chopped and roasted
- 200 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
A simple yet delicious appetizer anyone would be proud to offer at their picnic or BBQ get together. The recipe offers a perfect mix of saltiness and sweetness.
For the balsamic glaze:
1. Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a saucepan on low heat.
2. Let the sauce simmer while stirring frequently until the vinegar is thickened or the back of a spoon is coated with the sauce.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
To assemble the crostini:
1. Cut the baguette into 1.5 – 2 cm slices and lightly coat with the olive oil.
2. Bake for 8 minutes on 190°C until lightly toasted.
3. Slice the Emborg French Brie into thin strips and place on the bread.
4. Top with prosciutto and cranberry sauce.
5. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Add mint leaves for a touch of sweetness.