Brie Toastie with Beetroot, Onion Jam and Honey
Ready in 25 min.
- 200 g Emborg Brie
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 medium-sized beetroots
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large yellow/white onion
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot honey (optionally
- 1 tsp chilli flakes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100 g arugula
- 2 tbsp salted butter
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that will satisfy your cravings? Look no further than our mouth-watering Brie Toastie with Roasted Beetroot, Onion Jam and Hot Honey recipe! This perfect blend of flavours will leave you wanting more and is guaranteed to impress even the pickiest of eaters.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel and slice the beetroots, then toss them in a little of the olive oil and salt. Place them on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelised. When the beetroots are done, remove them from the oven and set them aside.
- While the beetroots are roasting, prepare the onion jam. In a frying pan, melt the salted butter over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent. Add a pinch of salt, sugar for caramelisation, a touch of water and balsamic vinegar for acidity and colour. Continue cooking until the mixture has thickened and become jam-like in consistency.
- To prepare the hot honey, mix the honey – and the chilli flakes, if using – with the balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Toast one side of the sourdough bread slices until golden brown.
- While the bread is still hot, top the toasted side of 2 slices with thin slices of Emborg Brie, then drizzle hot honey on top.
- On the toasted side of the other 2 slices of sourdough, spread the onion jam and add roasted beetroot slices, arugula, lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt to taste.
- Put the two halves of each sandwich together and press slightly.
- In a frying pan, melt the salted butter and cooking oil over a medium heat. Add the sandwiches to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes on each side until the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and slice the sandwiches in half. Serve and enjoy!