Brioche Burger Buns with Leftovers
Ready in 5 hours
- 360 g eggs whole
- 80 g sugar
- 150 g Emborg Full Cream Milk
- 15 g dry active yeast
- 5 g bread improver (Amylase)
- 700 g bread flour
- 20 g salt
- 200 g Emborg Cook & Bake
- non-stick oil spray as needed
- 50 g egg whole
- 50 g Emborg Full Cream Milk
- leftover rendang
- fried egg
- Emborg American Slices
Make your own burger buns for the best sandwich-eating experience at home. You will have full control of the shape and size of your buns to fit whatever fillings you have on hand.
- In a mixer, whisk together the eggs, Emborg Full Cream Milk, sugar, yeast and bread improver for a few minutes on low until the yeast has dissolved.
- Switch the whisk to a dough hook. Mix on low speed while slowly adding the flour and salt until smooth.
- Add the cold Emborg Cook & Bake and continue mixing on low until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 20 minutes.
- Place the dough in a container that has been greased with some non-stick spray. Cover with cling wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Right before taking the dough out of the chiller, prepare a baking tray with parchment paper and place 10 cm ring moulds evenly spaced on top. Spray with oil.
- Using a bench scraper, scissors or a knife, divide the dough into 18 portions of about 80 g and form them into balls with the seam side down. Place the balls in their ring moulds. Cover the dough loosely if there is a risk of drying out.
- Poke any air bubbles on the surface of the dough balls, spray the tops with some oil and flatten with a glass bowl to make a burger bun shape. The ring moulds will help keep the sides straight.
- Prove at approximately 29°C for 2 hours or until the buns have doubled in size.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the Emborg Full Cream Milk with the eggs. Brush the buns with the mixture. Any toppings can be added now.
- In a 175°C oven at 100% humidity, bake the buns for 3 minutes. Then, turn the humidity off and continue baking for another 7–8 minutes until the desired colour is achieved (internal temperature should be 95°C).
- Cool the buns on a wire rack before removing the ring moulds. Store in an airtight container.
- To assemble, cut the buns in half and slather with Emborg Cook & Bake. Toast in a pan until browned. Top the lower half of the bun with your leftover rendang, a freshly fried egg and a slice of Emborg American. Cover with the top half of the buns and enjoy.