Buttered Broccoli and Steak
Ready in 20 min.
- 450 g Emborg Broccoli
- 60 g Emborg Unsalted Butter (plus extra for garnish)
- 20 g garlic
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Any protein as the main dish
A classic and simple approach to making broccoli, this recipe aims to bring out the best flavour of the vegetable by adding just a touch of butter and garlic. Quick and easy to prepare, this dish is perfect as a side to any meal.
- Take the Emborg Broccoli directly from the freezer and steam for 4 minutes in a pot or in a steamer.
- For steaming in a pot: Place a steaming basket in a pot that's large enough to hold the broccoli. Add water to the pot, making sure it doesn't touch the bottom of the steaming basket. Bring the water to a boil over a high heat and add the broccoli to the steaming basket. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-high, so the water continues to boil gently.
- While waiting for the broccoli to steam, melt the Emborg Unsalted Butter in a pan over a low heat. Once melted, add the garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook until the garlic softens slightly. Keep the butter warm and swirl often to keep it emulsified.
- Once the broccoli is done, add it to the pan with the butter and toss to coat it well.
- Serve the buttered broccoli with an additional pat of butter on top together with any protein such as a good steak.
Enjoy this tasty and healthy strawberry peanut butter smoothie at any time of day!