Ready in 20 min.
- 450 g ground beef
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tostada shells
- 100 g Emborg Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 200 g shredded lettuce
- 50 g diced tomatoes
- 60 g sour cream
- 15 g chopped fresh coriander
- 200 g canned peeled tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
This Crunchwrap recipe is perfect for preparing a quick and easy dinner or a fun weekend lunch with friends. With its perfect blend of textures and flavours, this dish is sure to become a new favourite in your household.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, stirring frequently, until fully cooked. Push the beef to the side.
- In the same frying pan, add the remaining cooking oil and cook the onions and garlic until translucent. Add the tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Add taco seasoning and cook for an additional 2–3 minutes, stirring to coat the meat with the seasoning. Add diced tomatoes and stir. Set aside.
- To make the salsa, mix all the ingredients together. Blend if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Heat one flour tortilla in a hot frying pan for 1 minute on each side until warmed through and pliable.
- Remove the tortilla from the frying pan and place it on a plate and cover it with a towel.
- Place a tostada shell in the centre of the tortilla.
- Spoon a portion of the cooked beef on top of the tostada shell.
- Drizzle Emborg Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese over the beef.
- Add the shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream, chopped coriander on top of the beef.
- Fold the edges of the flour tortilla up and around the filling, creating pleats as you go.
- Place the prepared Crunchwrap, seam side down, in a hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until the tortilla is crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Serve the Crunchwrap very hot, garnished with additional coriander and sour cream, if desired.