Cheesy Lumpiang Shanghai
Ready in 20 min.
- 500 g ground pork
- 60 g shredded carrots
- 120 ml banana ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- 200 g Emborg 3 Cheese Bake
- 1 tbsp of cornflour mixed with 60 ml water for sealing
- 12 pcs of lumpia wrapper
- 480 ml oil for frying
Perfect as a snack, appetizer or even as a meal, delicious and cheesy Lumpiang Shanghai oozing with gooey melted cheese will satisfy your cravings.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, shredded carrots, banana ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Fold in the Emborg 3 Cheese Bake into the pork mixture.
- Place a tablespoon of the pork and cheese filling onto a lumpia wrapper at the bottom. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the cornflour mixture. Fold the sides towards the centre and roll tightly into a cigar shape. Repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an 8-inch frying pan, heat the oil to 170 ℃. Carefully place the lumpias in the hot oil and shallow fry for about 1.5 minutes per side or until they are golden brown and the filling is fully cooked. Use a slotted spoon to remove the lumpias from the oil and place them on a plate lined with kitchen napkins or wire racks to drain off the excess oil.
- Serve the Lumpiang Shanghai hot and crispy. Enjoy as is or with your favourite sauce as a dip.