Cheesy Ube Pandesal
- 400 g Japanese bread flour
- 50 g Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 7 g Instant yeast
- 2 Large eggs
- 250 ml Emborg Full Cream Milk
- 110 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons Ube jam
- 2 tablespoons Purple yam emulco
- 300 g Breadcrumbs
- 200 g Emborg Mozzarella Block
- 180 g Ube jam
Try these soft and delicious ube pandesal with a tasting purple-yam flavour and cheesy filling - perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
1. In a bowl, add in the flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast. Mix well.
2. Next, add in the eggs, milk, ube jam and purple yam emulco, then mix well. Lastly, add in the Emborg Unsalted Butter. Mix until doughy.
3. Once it is doughy, mix the dough for 7-10 min. Do the windowpane test (See the tip below).
4. Place your dough into a greased bowl and cover with cling film. Then place it in a warm area in the kitchen for 45 min and allow it to rise.
5. When the dough has doubled in size, punch the dough to let the gas out, then divide it into portions according to your preferred size—using a kitchen scale to measure each portion. Let the dough rest for 5 min.
6. Cut the mozzarella block into 24 pieces.
7. Stuff each dough ball with 1 tablespoon of ube jam and 2 mozzarella cubes. Let the dough rest for another 30 min. Roll the balls in breadcrumbs and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15-18 min.
Tip: “windowpane test” is the best technique to tell whether the dough has been kneaded sufficiently. Take a small ball of the dough and stretch it into a square. Keep on stretching it until it becomes a thin film in the middle without breaking.