- 200 g Emborg Plant-Based Chick-free Strips
- 4 tablespoons Chicken powder
- 60 g (¼ cup) Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 4 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 400 ml (2 cups) Chicken stock
- Salt & pepper to season
- 40 g (½ cup) Emborg Organic Mixed Vegetables
- 200 ml (1 cup) Emborg Cooking Cream
- 40 g (¼ cup) Green and red bell pepper sliced
- 70 g (1 cup) Emborg Sliced Mushrooms
This recipe is a perfect way to incorporate more vegetarian dishes in your weekday! It's a delicious and creamy meal.
1. Place the thawed Emborg Chick-Free Strips into a bowl. Season with the chicken powder and mix well. Let it stand for 15 min to absorb the flavour.
Tip: For a plant-based alternative, use mushroom or vegetable stock powder.
2. Make a roux, by melting butter in a saucepan, then add the flour and mix until combined.
Tip: For a plant-based alternative, use margarine.
3. Add the chicken stock and Emborg Cooking Cream, then allow it to simmer until it thickens
Tip: For a plant-based alternative, use vegetable stock and a plant-based milk of your choice.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add Emborg Organic Mixed vegetables, Emborg Sliced Mushroom and bell peppers, followed by Emborg Chick-free Strips. Allow to cook for 6 min.
6. It’s now ready to serve.