Choc Nut Cheesecake
- 120 g Graham crackers crushed
- 40 g Toasted pecans crushed
- 4 Choc Nut bars crushed
- 60 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 6 teaspoons Dark brown sugar
- 225 g Emborg US Cream Cheese room temperature
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 120 g Emborg Whipping Cream
- 60 g Emborg Yogurt
- 6 g All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 10 Choc Nut bars (crushed) - for cake
- 10 Choc Nut bars (crushed) - for decoration
- ½ teaspoon Salt
Can't decide between a chocolate bar and cheesecake? Don't! Try this sweet cheesecake made with Choc Nut bars and get the best of both worlds.
For the crust:
1. Combine in a bowl the crushed graham crackers, crushed toasted pecans, crushed Choc Nut bars, melted unsalted butter and dark brown sugar.
2. Transfer the mixture to a foil-lined 18 cm springform tin and spread it out with a spatula so the crumbs are evenly distributed on the bottom and toward the side as well. Press into a flat layer using a tall glass and try to compact the side so it keeps its shape after cutting.
3. Bake for about 10-15 min at 170°C.
For the cake:
1. Add the cream cheese to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and mix at medium speed to cream it.
2. Add the sugar and salt and mix on medium speed until creamy.
3. Add the yogurt and continue mixing. Then add the eggs one at a time, until well combined.
4. Add in the whipping cream, followed by 10 crushed Choc Nut bars.
5. Sprinkle in the flour and vanilla essence and continue to mix until completely smooth.
6. Pour the batter onto the crust in the springform tin. Bake in the oven in a water-bath at 180°C for the first 10 min. Lower the heat to 160°C and then bake for another 30-40 min
7. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour. Allow to cool completely before refrigerating it for at least 4 hours.
8. Decorate and serve.
Tip: You can make this cake with any chocolate bar you want.