Classic Shepherd's Pie
Ready in 90 min.
- 3 medium Potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 50 ml Emborg Milk
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Emborg Salted Butter
- A pinch of White pepper and nutmeg
- 50 g grated Parmesan
- 50 g Emborg Shredded Mozzarella
- 500 g Minced meat
- 1 tsp Salt
- A pinch of Black pepper allspice and cinnamon
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme and rosemary
- 1 bag Emborg Mixed Vegetables
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 450 ml Beef broth
Packed with nutrients and bursting with flavour, this dish is sure to satisfy your hunger and fuel your body. Try this recipe and indulge in the goodness of this wholesome meal.
- Boil potato until tender for around 12–15 minutes.
- Drain well and add milk, bay leaf, 1 tbsp olive oil, butter, Parmesan, mozzarella and white pepper and nutmeg. Mash well until combined.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp olive oil, meat, salt, black pepper and spices. Cook for 5 minutes and add onions, garlic and herbs. Add Emborg Mixed Vegetables and tomato paste and cook for 5–7 minutes on low heat. Add beef broth and simmer for 10–15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Place the beef filling in an ovenproof pan and top with the potato purée. Do not mix. Make a pattern in the purée with a fork for a nice look.
- Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes and broil the top until crispy.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!