Creamed Spinach and Salmon
Ready in 30 min.
- 450 g Emborg Frozen Spinach
- 20 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 500 ml Emborg Milk
- 20 g all-purpose flour
- 25 g finely diced shallots
- 30 g grated garlic
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 25 g Emborg Grated Parmesan
- Any protein as the main dish
This classic side dish is a perfect complement to many cuts of protein and can be prepared ahead of time and reheated without sacrificing quality. It's also a great way to introduce kids to spinach! Try it with a delicious piece of salmon.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt the Emborg Unsalted Butter over a medium heat. Add in the shallots and grated garlic and sauté until softened.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the all-purpose flour to make the roux – the thickening agent. Stir continuously until well combined. Slowly add the Emborg Milk in small amounts while whisking to make sure the roux is smooth. Gradually increase the amount of milk as the mixture becomes more liquid.
- Increase the heat to medium-high to bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Stir in the Emborg Frozen Spinach and Emborg Grated Parmesan, and cook until the spinach is wilted, all the while stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot to prevent burning.
- Add the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, and nutmeg to the creamed spinach and stir for another minute or two to warm the spices.
- Serve hot as a side dish.
This dish pairs perfectly with salmon as the main course.
It also can be cooled to room temperature and kept in the fridge if made in advance.