Earl Grey Tiramisu
Ready in 2.5 hour
- 250 g Emborg Mascarpone
- 200 ml Emborg Whipping Cream
- 2 Egg yolks
- 40 g Castor sugar
- 10 pcs Ladyfinger biscuit
- 5 g Gelatin powder
- 25 ml Water
- 80 ml Earl Grey tea
- 10 g Earl Grey tea powder
Tired of the classic tiramisu with coffee flavour? Try this amazing recipe with Earl Grey instead - we promise you will not regret it.
- In a heatproof bowl, soak the gelatin in water for 5 min to bloom and then dissolve it using the double boiler method.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, combine the egg yolks, dissolved gelatin and sugar.
- Using the double boiler method, dissolve the mixture in a bowl and stir to mix evenly until it forms a thick custard.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the Emborg Whipping Cream to stiff peaks and chill it.
- Mix the Emborg Mascarpone with the thick custard gently using a spatula and then fold in the whipped cream little by little.
- Pour the cream in a 15 cm square cake tin lined with cling wrap, just enough to cover the tin base.
- Quickly dip half of the ladyfinger biscuit in the Earl Grey tea and arrange on top of the cream base.
- Spread half of the cream over the first ladyfinger layer.
- Dip and arrange the remaining ladyfingers. Spread the remaining cream on top.
- Chill the cake for 2 hours. Dust the Earl Grey tea powder on top before serving.
- Adjust the recipe for other flavours by simply replacing the Earl Grey tea with green tea/green tea powder or coffee/cocoa powder.
- Opt for a springform cake tin for easy removal of the tiramisu from the cake tin and prepare all ingredients at room temperature for the best result.