Ready in 15 min.
- 85 g (3 oz) Chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp Pickled jalapeño, minced
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, fresh and minced
- 115 g (4 oz) Emborg Shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 Flour tortillas, large
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Avocados
- ¼ Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Jalapeño, roughly chopped (adjust to taste)
- handful Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Lime juice
Have you ever thought of making quesadilla at home? It’s a great, easy and delicious, quick Mexican dish with a secret ingredient – Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- To make the guacamole, grind onion, jalapeño, coriander leaves and salt using a mortar and pestle. Add avocados and mash to the desired consistency.
- Mix the chicken breast, jalapeño, coriander, and Emborg Shredded Monterey Jack together to form the stuffing.
- Instead of sandwiching the stuffing between 2 pieces of tortilla, fold 1 tortilla in half and stuff the insides with stuffing to about 1 cm thick. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and start searing the outsides of the folded tortilla. The aim is to achieve a nice colour on the surface while the stuffing inside has melted through. Flip as many times as necessary to achieve a nice brown crust.
- Once done, leave to cool for a couple of minutes to let the cheese mixture solidify a little. Slice into 3–4 pieces and sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Serve with the guacamole!