Egg Floss Butter Prawns
Time: 40 min
- 4.5 dl Rice
Ingredients for frying the prawns:
- 9 Prawns (large)
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 dl Cooking oil
Ingredients for making the egg floss:
- 4 Egg yolks
- 100 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 2 dl Cooking oil
Other ingredients and seasonings:
- 3 Cloves garlic (chopped)
- 3 Bird's eye chillies (diced)
- A handful Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chicken stock granules
These spicy and buttery prawns are perfect to serve during festivities.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Clean the prawns by removing the head, tail and veins. Rinse the prawns with cold water and pat dry. Place in a big bowl and marinate with salt and cornflour.
- Heat up the oil in a wok. Dab off excess cornflour on the prawns and place them into the hot oil. Deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes till the prawns turn golden brown.
- Heat up the oil and double fry the prawns again to retain their crispness. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with a fork. Strain the yolks over a sieve to ensure a smooth mixture.
- Chop garlic, chillies and curry leaves.
- Heat up fresh cooking oil in a wok over a medium low heat. Add the Emborg Butter and let it melt.
- Drip the egg yolk slowly and consistently into the wok to form a fine stream, while stirring in one direction. Keep stirring the oil even after pouring all the egg liquid into the oil. Once fine egg strips are formed, stop stirring.
- Turn the heat down and use a spatula to splash and fry the egg strip mixture till the oil starts to become foamy. When the oil starts to bubble, add in the chopped garlic, curry leaves, Bird's eye chillies, sugar and chicken stock granules.
- Add in the fried prawns and take immediately off the heat.
- Strain the egg floss and prawns over a sieve to drain off the oil. Set aside till the egg floss is dry and ready to be served. Enjoy!