Meat-Free Filipino Picadillo
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion peeled and chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 340 g Emborg Plant-based Meat-free Mince
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 225 g (1 cup) Tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- 100 g (½ cup) Crushed tomatoes
- 100 ml (½ cup) Water
- 2 Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 85 g (1 cup) Emborg Mixed Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- Emborg Plant-based Cheddar-style Block shredded
Don't know many vegan dishes? Then try this recipe which will instantly make you fall in love with plant-based cooking.
1. In a pan over a medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
2. Add the thawed Emborg Plant-based Meat-free Mince and cook, breaking it into pieces with the back of a spoon, until lightly browned.
3. Add the soy sauce and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes, then add the water and bring to a boil.
5. Add the potatoes, Emborg Mixed Vegetables and raisins. Cover and continue to simmer for about 3-5 min or until tender.
6. Lower the heat and continue to cook until the sauce is reduced and thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Sprinkle in the pre-shredded Emborg Plant Based Cheddar-style Block. Turn the heat off once the cheese starts to melt.
8. Serve with rice.