Mushroom Cili Padi Pasta
Ready in 30 min.
- 180 g Eryngii, sliced into medallions and scored
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g Spaghetti
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 60 g Shimeji mushrooms, separated
- 60 g Shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 60 g Button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Mushroom powder / Dashi powder, to taste
- 1 Cili padi, thinly sliced
- Chives, finely sliced, enough to garnish
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) Emborg Cooking Cream
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded for garnish
Looking for a quick dinner option that is vegetarian as well as tasty and filling? Our Creamy Mushroom Cili Padi Pasta recipe has got you covered!
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti for 5 minutes or about 70% of the time specified in the package instructions. Once done, drain and set aside. Keep the pasta water to help adjust the consistency of our sauce later.
- In a pan on high heat, add a layer of cooking oil and sear the eryngii mushrooms on both sides until a deep brown colour. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, add the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and cili padi. Sauté until softened, then add the Emborg Cooking Cream, mushroom powder / dashi powder, and the shimeji, shiitake, and button mushrooms.
- Cover and continue cooking until the mushrooms have softened and absorbed some of the cream. If the sauce gets too thick, thin it out with water.
- Add the parmesan and the spaghetti, then toss vigorously to bring everything together. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and black pepper.
- Add in chives and give it a final toss. Take it off the heat and serve on a plate. Top with more chives, parmesan, and the seared eryngii mushroom.