No Bake Cheesy Garlic Tahong
Ready in 15 minutes
- 1.5 kg mussels
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 litres water
- 100 g Emborg Unsalted Butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 150 g shredded Emborg Red Cheddar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Chilli flakes (optional)
This dish is perfect for anyone seeking a simple and tasty seafood dish that is quick and easy to prepare. With its flavourful garlic butter and melty cheese, No Bake Cheesy Garlic Tahong is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next gathering.
- Begin by cleaning the mussels under running water to remove any dirt or debris. Be sure to discard any mussels that do not close when tapped or that remain open.
- In a large pot, bring 2 litres of water to a boil. Add 2 tbsp of salt and the cleaned mussels, and cook until they open, which should take approximately 5–7 minutes.
- Once the mussels have opened, separate them from their shells and set them aside.
- In a pan, melt Emborg Unsalted Butter over a low heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant for about 1 minute, and then season with pepper.
- Add the cooked mussels to the pan and stir to coat them with the garlic butter mixture you have just made.
- Sprinkle grated Emborg Red Cheddar over the mussels and let it melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle 2 tbsp of chopped parsley and chili flakes (optional) over the top of the mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!