Ready in 1.5 hour
- 250 g BWY Premix Sponge Cake
- 300 g / 6 Eggs
- room temperature
- 50 ml Honey
- 100 ml Corn oil
- 20 ml Pandan essence
- 60 ml Emborg Whipping Cream
- 8 pcs Emborg Cheddar Slices
- 2 g Salt
- 15 g Gula melaka
- 30 g Gula Melaka
- 10 g Desiccated coconut
In the mood for a cheesecake with a twist? Try this onde-onde cheesecake for your next get together.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sponge cake premix, eggs, honey, corn oil and pandan essence at high speed for 5 min.
- Pour the cake batter into a 20 cm round cake tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 30 min. Set aside and let cool for 30 min.
- In a saucepan, mix the Emborg Whipping Cream, Emborg Cheddar Slices, salt and gula melaka over a low heat until well combined, stirring constantly.
- Spread the cheese sauce over the baked sponge cake in a tin and bake at 200 °C for 7 min.
- Transfer the cake from the oven to the preferred cake board and remove the cake tin.
- Garnish the cake with grated gula melaka and desiccated coconut before serving.
Tip: Test the cake doneness by inserting a toothpick into the centre of the cake. The cake is perfectly done if the toothpick comes out clean.