Ready in 60 min.
- 750 g Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 75 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Star Anise
- 3 Black Cardamom Pods
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass (only the white part cut into strips)
- 200 ml Emborg Cooking Cream
- 200 ml Water
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves (crushed)
- 5 tbsp Shredded Coconut (toasted)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
Spicy paste for Rendang:
- 6 Shallots
- 1 piece Galangal
- 2 stalks Lemongrass (only the white part)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece Ginger (peeled)
- 10 dried Chilli Peppers (deseeded)
This tasty traditional spicy dish will be a great success on the dinner table. Follow these simple steps:
Mix all of the ingredients for spicy paste in a food processor until thoroughly combined.
Heat the oil in a sauté pan, add spicy paste, cinnamon stick, clove, star anise and black cardamom, and fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes.
Add the cubed chicken and lemongrass, and mix well with the spices in the pan.
Add Emborg cooking cream and water and let the dish simmer while stirring until the chicken is almost fully cooked.
Add lime leaves and toasted coconut, cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
Add salt and sugar to taste.
Can be served with rice.