Spaghetti Goreng Mamak
Ready in 5 min.
- 70 g red onion
- 20 g garlic
- 10 g ginger
- 8 g red chillies deseeded
- 40 g Emborg Cook & Bake
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp first draw soy sauce
- 2 tsp cooking caramel to colour
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- 50 g beansprouts
- 150 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 10 prawns de-veined and de-shelled with tails left on
- water just enough to thin out
- sugar to taste
- salt to taste
- fried shallots
- calamansi lime
- banana leaf
This is not traditionally served during Raya, but it is a great dish as it is quick and easy to prepare for guests. You can have the ingredients prepped and stored in the fridge all day long, so it only takes 5 minutes to put together a freshly cooked bowl of spicy noodles when people come to visit.
- Blend the red onion, garlic, ginger and chillies to a paste.
- Heat the Emborg Cook & Bake in a wok on high.
- Add the paste and fry until it has darkened and dried up slightly (about 3–5 minutes)
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Take the wok off the heat, add the 2 beaten eggs and stir quickly. The eggs should be undercooked at this point.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, oyster sauce, soy sauce and cooking caramel with a splash of water.
- On a high heat again, toss the ingredients together until the noodles are slightly charred.
- Add the baby spinach leaves, beansprouts and cherry tomato halves, taste for seasoning and add salt and sugar to taste.
- Continue stir-frying for 30 seconds or so, just to wilt the baby spinach, then serve on a banana leaf with a garnish of fried shallots and calamansi lime on the side.
- Serve and enjoy!