Sweet Almond London Cookies
Time: 1.5 hours
- 100 g All-purpose flour
- 125 g Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 125 g Emborg Butter
- 75 g Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Powdered milk
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 25 g Cornflakes
- 70 Toasted whole almonds about 85 g
- 400 g Chocolate minimum 55% cocoa
- ½ tbsp Emborg Butter
- Almond nips as needed
These sweet almond cookies make a perfect snack for your next party or celebration.
- In a bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, rice flour and cornflour. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and icing sugar until combined. Add the powdered milk, egg yolk, vanilla extract and mix.
- Add blended cornflakes into the second bowl. While mixing, lower the mixing speed and add the flour mixture bit by bit.
- Form the dough into a ball. Cover with cling film when not using.
- Take a piece of dough, flatten it a bit and place one almond in the centre. Cover it with the dough and shape it into an oval log. Repeat for the rest of the dough. Place on a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 170 ºC preheated oven for 20–25 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown. Cool completely.
- Carefully melt the chocolate and butter in a water bath.
- Place the cooled cookies in the melted chocolate and cover completely. Set them aside on a serving tray and sprinkle with almond nibs on top.
- Let the chocolate fully set before serving.