Traditional Tiramisu with Coffee and Sweet Wine
- 2 Eggs
- 125 g Sugar
- 500 g Emborg Mascarpone
- 1 Emborg Whipping Cream (200 ml)
- 1 Lemon
- 3 dl Coffee dark
- 100 ml Sweet wine such as Vin Santo or Sherry or Marcel
- 1 packet Savoiardi (Ladyfingers)
- 1 packet Chocolate or unsweetened cocoa powder
Tiramisu is a classic and timeless dessert that almost everybody loves. This recipe has a creamy consistency and a coffee taste.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into two large bowls. Add half of the sugar to the bowl with egg yolks. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Slowly add the mascarpone to the bowl. Continue to mix until it has become solid that it almost stays put when you turn the bowl upside down.
- Pour all the whipping cream into the bowl and slowly mix.
- Return to the other bowl with the egg whites. Squeeze in a few drops of lemon. Whisk with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Gently pour the egg white mixture into the other bowl. Gently fold the two mixtures together with a dough scraper.
- Pour the coffee into a deep plate. Make sure that the coffee is not too hot.
- Mix in the rest of the sugar and wine.
- Use a deep bowl or a cake tin about 20 cm wide. Layer with the mascarpone mix so the height is about 1 cm. Spread evenly.
- Take a few savoiardis (ladyfingers) and fully dip them in the coffee mix.
- Place the coffee-soaked savoiardis into the bowl or cake tin, so they lay beside each other and cover the whole surface.
- Continue adding the layers. Finish off with the mascarpone mix on top.
- Grate the chocolate on top of the cake, or drizzle with cocoa powder. You can use a sieve for the cocoa powder.
Serve right away or let it cool in the fridge for a few hours. Enjoy!